Infertility and subfertility are becoming increasingly common resulting in many couples seeking medical assistance to help them conceive. There may be many reasons for fertility issues such as a medical history of endometrioses, PCOS, infections or issues with sperm quantity or quality. Or maybe after thorough testing there could frustratingly be nothing to explain why couples just aren’t getting pregnant or are miscarrying.
Fertility Massage is a special form of massage which focuses on the sacral and abdominal area’s. The massage is deep on both an emotional, spiritual and physical level as we work to heal our power centre of creativity. A combination of approaches using sound, movement, stretches, massage techniques, energetic healing, guided visualisations and rebozo body wrapping to enhance the body-mind connection and inspire a really deep sense of relaxation.
What is fertility massage?
Fertility Massage works to gently bring the organs within the abdominal area into proper alignment, releasing pressure and strengthening the surrounding muscles and ligaments. This in turn improves blood, nerve, and lymph flow and feels deeply relaxing.
Of particular importance for fertility, Fertility Massage increases circulation to the womb, ovaries, and fallopian tubes, promoting hormonal balance and easing menstrual health challenges. It helps optimise the alignment of the womb, assists the body in clearing pelvic congestion and old stagnant blood, and gently breaks down adhesions and scar tissue. It can be beneficial for preparing the womb for pregnancy and in realigning the abdominal organs postpartum.
This unique form of massage continues to be valuable and nourishing during the peri-menopause and post-menopause years as well.
What is involved in your initial consultation?
The initial consultation will consist of:
- An in depth case history will be taken prior to your appointment.
- The massage will be tailored to your individual health requirement.
- Before you leave, you will be shown how to perform a simple form of abdominal massage on yourself.
What body techniques are used during the massage?
The techniques used will vary depending on your needs. It can include:
- Castor Oil Packs
- Rebozo Technique
- Energy healing
Are there times when I should avoid a fertility massage?
We advice you do not have Fertility Massage if any of the following apply:
- Just prior to or during a period, although the massage can be adapted.
- If you have an IUD/Coil fitted.
- Immediately following abdominal surgery.
- Presence of open wounds or active infection.
- First trimester of pregnancy.
I'm trying to conceive, when's the best time to have a fertility massage?
If trying to conceive, it is recommended to schedule your sessions between the end of your period and ovulation. Beginning the massage 3 months prior to conception is optimal but it is helpful at any stage. The massage is also beneficial in preparation for IVF.
How much does it cost?
- Initial Consultation: £80 for 85 minutes
- Subsequent sessions: £60 for 60 minutes
- Fertility Massage and Reproductive Reflexology Combined: £80 for 85 minutes.
- Pay for 4 treatments upfront and get £5 off.
Contact the Alma Vale Centre here
to find out more about Fertility Massage