Our new therapists, Jane McDowell, talks about how she combines both massage therapy and reflexology to best support her clients:
I offer a unique system of delivering the best combinations of reflexology and/or massage for whatever problem you might be suffering from. At your first appointment we will discuss and explore your problem in depth and the best treatment options for you.
- A back, neck and shoulders massage combined with facial reflexology for someone who is suffering migraines
- A treatment combining hand reflexology followed by spinal reflexology on the feet for someone who has carpel tunnel syndrome
- A leg and back massage combined with spinal reflexology on the feet for someone who has a sports injury to their knee
Reflexology is an holistic therapy treating the person as a whole rather than just the symptoms of a condition. It is a non intrusive therapy based on the theory that different points on the feet, lower leg, hands, face or ears correspond with different areas of the body.
Spinal Reflexology on the feet
This is a powerful treatment focusing on stimulating the spine reflexes and nerve root reflexes on your feet. Nerve roots exit the spinal column through vertebrae to serve specific muscles and organs of the body. Stimulating the spine and the nerve roots helps to restore balance and promotes the body’s own healing processes.
Facial Reflexology is a wonderfully calming and relaxing treatment. It has all the benefits of hand or foot reflexology with the added bonus of giving you a radiant, glowing complexion as it promotes the production of new skin tissue and improves skin tone. I use the Bergman method of facial reflexology which involves a gentle compression technique to stimulate reflex points on the face; it has a powerful impact on the body’s systems due to the reflex points being in close proximity to the brain. Working on the reflexes stimulates the body’s own healing mechanisms.
Hand reflexology, this is a deeply relaxing and therapeutic treatment working on the reflexes in your hands and wrists.
This is a very relaxing deep tissue massage. Each treatment is tailored to your own specific requirements at the time of the massage to restore balance and harmony to the troubled mind and tense or injured body, enhancing the body’s own healing processes.
What can it help with?
Spinal Reflexology on the feet:
- Sports injuries
- Poor digestion
- Hormone related issues
- Acute and chronic pain
- Stress related conditions
- Alleviating symptoms of drug side affects
- Improving circulation and nerve conduction
- Encouraging the release of toxins via the lymphatic system
- Relieving the effects of stress
- Relieving tension in muscle tissue
- Improving sleep
- Improving concentration
- Relieving sinusitis/congestion
- Helps to rejuvenate skin
- Brings about a general feeling of calmness and relaxation
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Repetitive strain injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Reduce chronic or acute pain
- Sports injuries
- Restore harmony and balance
- Maintain well being
What can I expect from my first appointment?
The first appointment includes a free half hour consultation during which we will discuss and explore your problem in depth along with your medical history, lifestyle and the best treatment options for you.
Jane McDowell is available at the Alma Vale Centre on Wednesday afternoons from 1:30pm-5:30pm. Appointments outside her normal working hours can be arranged directly through Jane.
To find out more information, or to book your initial consultations, please contact the Alma Vale Centre on 0117 377 1186 or email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact Jane direct on 07779 023117.